With Legion on the horizon, I have compiled some pro tips to help you prepare for the big day. Some of these may seem like common sense, but you never know what you might forget with the excitement of all the shinies. Keep in mind some of these tips are meant to be funny so take that for what it is worth. See you on the other side!
- Make sure you have your caffeine, water and snacks stocked. I recommend choosing your snack selection wisely and avoiding things that are powdery or hard to eat at the PC. Avoid greasy things that could muck up your keyboard and mouse. If these can’t be avoided because you know, tacos, make sure you buy wet wipes.
- Water is very important during this time. You will want to keep it available so that you stay hydrated and healthy.
- Get a cooler to keep cold drinks in. This avoids having to go AFK and risk dying while you quench your thirst.
- Alcoholic drinks are also a good idea, but keep in mind that you will not want to get drunk and hinder your judgement while exploring new content. While heavily intoxicated you may decide to spend all your gold on pets, mounts and that one transmog item you are missing to complete your set that cost 50k. Also with no flying, you may get stuck in a hole in Broken Isles. I am not saying that happened to me once in Gorgrond, but I am not saying it didn’t. (Drinks happened, mistakes were made, zero regrets.)
- Make sure you are seated in a comfy way, think about a pillow to help with your back and such.
- Plan your bathroom breaks effectively. If you have several bathrooms available, use the one with the path of least resistance. Remember: using a bucket or diaper is totally normal for times like these, so do not be ashamed – embrace your inner Elite Raider.
- If you have kiddos, leverage the spouse, teens, housemates (wherever possible), to help with aggro so you don’t get frustrated. Maybe even offer to compensate your teens for the extra help, like I did.
- Have some pre-made snacks and meals available for the minis (crackers, cheese, fruit, granola bars, juice boxes, ect.). Happy kids equal happy gaming parents. You can’t ignore them – their will is strong!
- If you have animals and no pet door, consider leaving the back door ajar to allow them to potty freely. Ensure their food and water bowls are full.
- Tell everyone on your FB, Twitter and text messages that you will be busy for the next few days/weeks/months. This way, no one thinks you’re dead and calls the cops.
- Make sure to let your Pokemon know that you will be away for awhile so they don’t think you’ve abandoned them.
- Spend some time with family and friends in advance so you have not neglected those you love prior to the launch. Spouse/S.O. cuddling time is especially important!
- When emerging from a long gaming session you may find your eyes sensitive to light, so leaving a window curtain open will ease that adjustment when you have run out of snacks and need to go to the store.
- Shower before launch. You may decide that showering during a gaming binge session will take to much time and instead opt to go without. This, of course, is never a good idea.
- We need to keep fit during these times of serious gaming sessions, so consider grabbing a balance ball from a local sporting goods store. Sitting on a ball rather than your office chair will keep your core engaged while gaming. Also Amazon offers mini stationary bike pedals that will fit under your desk, so you can pedal away while enjoying Legion.
- Don’t forget: PDQ has all the videos and coverage for Legion so use it to your advantage!
Legion launches August 30 at 12:00am PDT. Are you prepared? Comment below and tell us how you are getting prepped for the big day.