“Finally” is the keyword for this upcoming Alpha update. All classes and their specs, including Destruction Warlocks, are available with the level cap at 110. Also, the Broken Shore event will be open for testing on the Alliance faction. Lastly, the new opening event for Legion, Broken Shore, will be available as well as a new questing system called World and Emissary Quests will be open for testing when you hit lvl 110. World and Emissary Quests are a new way to do endgame questing, which I will explain in a bit.
We have another alpha build going up today. This build includes a variety of revisions and bugfixes all around.
Notable changes focused on classes:
- New Specialization Unlocked – Finally, the last specialization is unlocked. We’d love any and all feedback about gameplay, artifact quest line, abilities, etc.
- Destruction Warlock
- Level Cap Raised to 110 – You can now level all the way to 110.
- Broken Shore (Alliance) available – Alliance players will be given the quest “The Legion Returns” upon logging in. Follow Varian Wrynn to the Broken Shore and face off against Gul’dan in the experience that will begin your adventure into Broken Isles.
- World Quests available – Once you level to 110, World Quests and Emissary Quests will appear on your map. This is our new approach to endgame questing in Legion. Please direct your feedback to the new World Quests forum here:http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/22813803/
- Class Status – We’ve made many iterations based on feedback and testing. Here are some highlights:
- Frost Mages – Splitting Ice has returned.
- Frost Death Knights – Many talents revised for more engaging gameplay.
- Unholy Death Knights – Many talents revised for more engaging gameplay. Artifact ability revised further.
- Windwalker Monks – Fists of Fury, Spinning Crane Kick, and Storm, Earth, and Fire revised to adjust AoE gameplay.
- All Hunters – Growl threat massively increased.
- Subtlety Rogues – Master of Shadows and Relentless Strikes swapped and revised.
Thanks, and we look forward to your feedback!
Also, check out the design notes from the previous build, if you haven’t already as well:http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20742806438